POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game opinions : Re: Game opinions Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game opinions
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Feb 2008 08:11:14
Message: <47a31a72@news.povray.org>
>> http://www.bash.org/?835178   So it's true then?
>
>      Yes, but only if you try to run it on medium to high settings on a mid
> spec machine (like mine), It'll drag then, but on low settings it's fine,
> and looks pretty good too.
>
>       FarCry, Crysis - great games!  :)

I only have a lowly 2.2 GHz dual-core AMD Athlon X2 4200+ with 3 GB
DDR-400 RAM and an nVidia GeForce 7900GTX 512 MB. It'll probably not run
at all...

BTW, I'm a little confused here. Benny seems to think that DirectX 10 is
available for WinXP, while I was under the impression that it's for
Vista only. [Part of of the M$ plan to force everybody to upgrade.]
However, Wikipedia at least seems to suggest that Crysis works on XP,
despite using DirectX 10... so... er... wuh?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/